Launching a New Northern Michigan Community of Practice: Adventures in Framing
After two outstanding workshops with the FrameWorks Institute this spring, we’re excited to launch Adventures in Framing: A Northern Michigan Community of Practice in June.
In short, it’s the social science of communication choices made. About elements put in and elements left out. These choices have a significant effect on how our messages are received.
These strategic framing choices can boost public knowledge, shift attitudes, and build support for social change.
If you missed this spring’s workshops, here are the resources that were shared:
- Session One (April) Slide Deck
- Issue-Specific Framing Toolkits for Changemakers in Northern Michigan
- Session Two (May) Slide Deck
- Explanatory Chain Worksheet
- An Explanation Declaration: Unleashing the Power of How
2022 Community of Practice Schedule
- Monthly 60-minute workgroups at NMC’s Innovation Center (2nd Thursday of the month at 11am starting June 9th)
- Our Slack HQ
- Quarterly 90-minute workshops (4th Thursday of the month at 10am starting September 22nd)
Join Northern Michigan’s Adventures in Framing Community of Practice
The Framing Community of Practice is open to all organizations and citizen-led initiatives in northern Michigan, no matter the social issue.
There is no cost to participate, thanks to Rotary Charities of Traverse City and the United Way of Northwest Michigan.